Suitable Cars for Families of all Sizes
Thinking of growing your family? Or already have a family that struggles to squeeze into one vehicle? You’ve come to the right place. Below, we’ve constructed a list of the six best family cars of 2023. The structural and technological influences of car production develop every year, meaning new, spacious, and efficient cars are put on the market annually, giving you a variety of vehicles to choose from, regardless of your family’s needs and size.
Choosing a Quality Vehicle
Whether you’re looking for more space, better technological components, or just fancy a change, this list will provide you with all the detail you’ll need to pick the perfect family car for 2023.
1. Ford Expedition
The Ford Expedition is the perfect vehicle for big families. It was rated the Number 1 Large SUV and provides a smooth, spacious ride for up to eight passengers.
This is a durable, reliable car with plenty of safety features and technological add-ons to ensure you have the safest, most comfortable, and most efficient journeys possible.
The interior is perfectly designed for family use, as seats can fold down, allowing access to back seats for fidgeting children or providing huge amounts of space for pets or luggage.
- Hands-free system for quick access to the trunk.
- USB ports for on-the-go charging.
- Luxurious additions such as massaging front seats.
- 360° camera.
- Collision warning and automatic braking systems are installed for minimal risk of accidents.
Starting price: $55,125.
2. Dacia Jogger
The Dacia Jogger guarantees a spacious, comfortable ride for any chaotic family. It contains seven seats and was awarded several awards in 2022, including Family Car of the Year.
With a simplistic and minimalistic interior and providing stacks of cargo space, this car is perfect for long journeys and large families.
- Low running costs.
- Rear parking sensors.
- DAB radio.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
- Cruise control.
Starting price: under $18,000.
3. Hyundai Tucson
The Hyundai Tucson is one of the most popular family cars in the mid-range SUV bracket. It’s ideal for families of three or four, providing plenty of space for all passengers, plus trunk space for luggage or pets.
Although a little smaller than the first two, the Tucson is still spacious and comfortable and guarantees a smooth ride regardless of the terrain.
- Striking aesthetics.
- Large trunk.
- Forward collision avoidance.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- Climate control.
Starting price: $28,035.
4. Toyota Highlander
The Toyota Highlander is a brilliant all-rounded vehicle, perfect for families with a busy schedule. It’s stable, secure, and reliable and comes with added luxurious bonuses.
This spacious car is made up of three rows and now comes in a hybrid model, saving you money on gas and helping the climate crisis.
- Seats up to 8 people.
- Comes with an 8-inch infotainment system.
- Heated seats are available for first and second-row passengers.
- Front and rear parking assist.
- The engine comes with an 8-speed automatic transmission which helps change speeds quickly and makes inclined journeys smoother.
Starting price: $36,420.
5. Santa Fe Hybrid
Securing a plethora of awards in the mid-size SUV range, the Santa Fe Hybrid is a powerful, dependent, and spacious option.
It has been celebrated for its fantastic fuel economy, getting 30 mpg on average. It’s affordable for all the benefits included and has luxury built right in.
It has a hands-free trunk control system, allowing you to access the trunk when you’re busy, in a rush, or carrying things. It also has a remote starting feature, allowing you to warm the car up before you set off on your journey in the cold.
- 360° camera.
- SmartSense collision avoidance, including pedestrian detection, lane assistance, blind spot warnings, and automatic emergency braking.
- Safe exit assistance warns of surrounding objects or people before leaving the car to avoid damage.
- Seats five passengers and offers heated seats in the front (and rear on premium models).
- Built-in wifi capable of powering five different devices for on-the-go work, homework, or entertainment.
Starting price: $35,660.
6. Jeep Grand Wagoneer
We can't forget about the Jeep Grand Wagoneer as one of the best family cars. It is the ultimate luxurious full-sized SUV for families who want maximum space and luxury and aren’t confined by a budget.
This car seats up to eight passengers, all of which will have heaps of legroom and access to USB ports. The car comes equipped with award-winning speakers, touch screens accessible for most passengers, and a large sunroof, perfect for long journeys in the summer.
As well as providing stacks of room for each passenger, the trunk is also huge, allowing room for loads of baggage and multiple pets.
It is one of the safest and largest family vehicles on the market, using a plethora of safety features such as drowsy driver detection, automatic parking systems, rear cross-traffic warnings, and all-wheel drive, as well as all the standard safety features available on most SUVs.
- Terrain management systems: adaptable depending on the terrain or weather, meaning it can easily handle whatever environment you’ll find yourself in.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Amazon Fire TV with Alexa.
- Heated seats in the front row.
- Massage seats in the front row.
- Rear seat monitoring system, perfect for families who want to keep an eye on their little ones in the back.
Starting price: $88,640.
There are plenty of family cars out there to choose from, so regardless of the size of your family, the safety features you want to include, or the luxurious characteristics you’re looking for, there’s something on this list for every potential customer.
To keep your family extra safe, consider a dash cam.